JNMDA – Scholarships
- The Academy provides ten (10) scholarships at the rate of Rs. 2000/- each per month to the five meritorious students of Diploma Course (Dance) and five for Sankirtana. The tenure of scholarship is three years.
- Scholarship of Rs. 3000/- each are given to the five meritorious students of Post Diploma Course (Lai-Haraoba, Ras, Pung, Ishei and Cholom).
- Another scholarship of Rs. 2000/- each are given to the student who stood 1st position in the Annual Examination of 1st and 2nd year of the Foundation Course.
- No students securing marks below first division should be eligible for scholarship.
- No students are allowed to enjoy scholarship and stipend jointly.
Academy provides stipend of Rs.1000/- each per month to students who are coming from outside the state for studying Manipuri Dance & Music in the Academy.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP/STIPEND :
A student awarded scholarship or stipend by the Academy has to submit the following documents and he/she will be abided by the following:
- A written agreement through a surety on a non-judicial stamp paper of Rs.10/- that if the student decides to discontinue the training before the Annual Examination (except on compelling circumstance), he/she shall return all the many paid to him/her plus interest as the rule.
- A surety of Rs.20,000/- duly attested by a Magistrate/Gazetted Officer.
- No student securing marks below first division should be eligible for scholarship.
- A student receiving scholarship from the Academy will not receive stipend/scholarship from any other source; he/she, however, will have the option to choose between the two.
- Scholarship holders are required to attend the classes regularly. The minimum percentage of attendance is 75%. The Pradhan Guru shall have a power to condone at his/her discretion a shortfall in attendance upto 10 days.